The difference between over the counter and cosmeceutical skincare
Over-the counter products VS cosmeceutical high grade products. Do you find yourself walking up and down the skincare aisle of your local store, trying to decide what product would work best for your acne or that nasty sunburn a week in Spain sunscreen-free has caused? Too embarrassed for a consultation with a professional ? Or Perhaps you even think it would be a waste of your time?
Skinora doctors are here to advise you that over the counter isn’t always the best option .
Here are the key differences between self-diagnosing and going for a cosmeceutical or medical grade product through an expert.
A MORE PERSONAL SKINCARE ROUTINE
Professional bodies ,such as the American Academy of Dermatology , for example, say that personalised skincare is the best way to go to achieve healthy skin ;getting a routine that works based on your unique skin’s behaviors and concerns is key. Here is where cosmeceutical grade products and skin experts come into play. If your fine lines and wrinkles are appearing more prominent now than they ever did, for example, and the drug store creams and DIY just aren’t cutting anymore, why not try our highly recommended Medik8 C Tetra Intense :
- It brightens and smooths the complexion.
- It features an enhanced concentration of vitamin C and is boosted with additional brightening ingredients.
- It’s packed full of nourishing vitamin F and squalane, which help to reinforce the skin’s natural protective barrier against free radicals.
A protective, gorgeous anti-oxidant to apply before your moisturiser. Check it out on our website !
QUANTITY VS PURITY
Another difference would be ingredients, for instance ; cosmeceutical grade products have a higher percentage of active ingredients in comparison to a generic over-the-counter one. Let’s use retinol as an example; this active ingredient is what you want to get in purer form if you want to actually stimulate change in your skin . Over-the-counter retinol isn’t as effective as the retinol a professional would recommend for you through a consultation. Skinora doctors recommend Skinceuticals Retinol 0.3:
- It Promotes cellular turnover
- It’s ideal for skin new to retinol use
- It’s formulated to minimise irritation
- It improves the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, discoloration, pores, and blemishes
Book a consultation with us today for more information !
NO RESULTS VS RESULTS!
After countless over-the-counter products, your skin doesn’t look like it has improved in the slightest. Why not try booking a consultation with us ? Highly confidential, relaxed and, most importantly, recommendations for cosmeceutical products that will actually provide you with RESULTS . Let’s resolve that uneven skin texture! Skinora doctors recommend these two weapons :
- Help minimize surface oil and exfoliate pore-clogging dead skin cells and dirt
- Dual action exfoliation removes dead skin cells to prevent clogged pores
- Reduces oiliness and minimizes surface oil
- Calms and soothes irritated skin
- Invigorates stressed skin
- It gently exfoliates skin’s surface
- It encourages a youthful radiance
- Awakens and renews
Book your first consultation with us today for results !
Your Skinora journey starts NOW .
How it works
Take our 3 minute quiz
Start with a skin quiz compiled by our doctors
This assesses many factors to allow us to customise your skincare for a £10 skin analysis fee
Receive your Customised Skin Programme
Our skin experts will determine the best products for YOU according to your profile
Choose your products
Pay only for the products you’d like to keep
Redeem the £10 against anything you purchase
Delivery to Your Door
We will customise your programme each time adjusting to changes in the seasons and lifestyle factors so your skincare is customised for you